Peer Review Process
Peer Review Process
Every article that goes to the editorial staff will be selected through Initial Review processes by the Editorial Board. Then, the articles will be sent to the Peer Reviewers and will go to the next selection by the Double Blind-Peer Review process. After that, the articles will be returned to the authors to revise. This process will take a month for a maximum time. Peer Reviewers that collaborate with AKURASI (Jurnal Riset Akuntansi dan Keuangan) are experts in the field of accounting and finance areas and issues around it. Besides that, screening for similarity use Plagiarism Checker.
Manuscript processing time in AKURASI:
- Section editor needs 3-7 days to examine the article based on AKURASI's scope, similarity check, and author guideline. If the article Declined, section editor has 3-7 days to inform the author regarding the editorial team decision.
- The author has 14-18 days waiting period on the peer review. The reviewer has 14-16 days to review the article divided into two times review and provide the decision, Accepted or Declined.
- The author has 14-18 days to revise the article consistent with AKURASI's author guideline.
- If the article Declined, section editor has 4 days to inform the author regarding the editorial team decision.
- If the article Revision Required, the editorial team will proceed with the article to the reviewer.
- The editorial team discusses the final decision in an editorial team meeting whether the articles recommended by the reviewers proceed to be Published or Declined. The editorial team has 7 days to make the final decision.
- The soon-to-be-published articles, lay-outed by the section editor for 7 days.
- The author has 3 days to confirm the layout result.
- Section editor publishes the accepted articles.
Manuscripts will undergo a very stringent double-blind peer-review process, where both the identities of authors and reviewers remain undisclosed in order to guarantee the highest quality of the journal. All manuscripts (except for Editorials, Commentaries, and Book Reviews) will be sent out for review and at least two review reports per manuscript will be collected. After being reviewed, there will be four kinds of editor decision based on the reviewers’ recommendation:
- Accept Submission: The submission will be accepted without revisions.
- Revisions Required: The submission will be accepted after minor changes have been made.
- Resubmit for Review: The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, it may be accepted. It will require a second round of review, however.
- Decline Submission: The submission will not be published in the journal.