Peer Review Policy
Peer Review Statement
All manuscripts submitted for possible publication in Jurnal Manajemen Strategi dan Aplikasi Bisnis (JMSAB) are peer-reviewed following the procedure outlined below:
Initially, the Editor-in-Chief first evaluate all manuscripts submitted. At this stage, insufficiently original, serious scientific flaws, poor grammar or English language, outside the aims and scope of the journal will get rejected. Those manuscripts which meet the minimum criteria are forwarded on to at least 2 experts for review.
Jurnal Manajemen Strategi dan Aplikasi Bisnis (JMSAB) follows a double-blind reviewing, where the reviewers remain anonymous throughout the process.
The reviewers are selected on the basis of their area of expertise. The reviewer is asked to evaluate the manuscript, its originality, significance, ethical guidelines or protocols, methodology, presentation of results, appropriate references and report.
The time required for the review process depends upon the availability and the response of the reviewer. Revised manuscripts might be returned to the initial referees who may then request another revision of a manuscript if needed.
A final decision to accept or reject the manuscript will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the referees.
The decision of Editor-in-Chief of JMSAB is final to accept or reject the article.
Peer Review Process
- The journal receives a paper.
- The journal editor checks the paper against the journal’s aims and scope.
- The editor then selects reviewers and sends the paper.
- The reviewers read the paper and provide comments, suggestions and a recommendation (reject, revise or accept).
- The editor checks the reviews and sends them to the author(s), with any extra guidance. If there are revisions, the author(s) decides whether to make these and re-submit.
- The authors make amendments and re-submit the paper.
- If the journal accepts the paper, it moves into production and is published.
After being reviewed, there will be four kinds of editor decision based on the reviewers’ recommendation:
- Accept Submission: The submission will be accepted without revisions.
- Revisions Required: The submission will be accepted after minor changes have been made.
- Resubmit for Review: The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. It will require a second round of review, however.
- Decline Submission: The submission will not be published in the journal.