Intructions for authors
Thank you for choosing to submit your paper to us. These instructions will ensure we have everything required so your paper can move through peer review, production and publication smoothly. Please take the time to read and follow them as closely as possible, as doing so will ensure your paper matches the journal’s requirements.
A. JOURNAL SUMMARY
Journal of Tropical Weed Management aims to extend current knowledge in weed science with the publication of peer-reviewed original research articles and reviews relating to weed taxonomy, ecology and physiology, weed management and control methodologies, herbicide behaviors in plants, soils and environment, utilization of weeds and other aspects of weed science. The Journal welcomes contributions from weed scientists in the Asia Pacific region. Please note that this journal only publishes manuscripts in English.
Aims and Scope
Journal of Tropical Weed Management is an international journal, published two times per year. The journal accepts contributions in the form of original research and review articles in all aspects of weed science. Contributions from weed scientists in the Asia–Pacific region are particularly welcomed.
The content of the contributions may relate to weed taxonomy, ecology and physiology, weed management and control methodologies, herbicide behaviors in plants, soils and environment, utilization of weeds and other aspects of weed science. All contributions must be of sufficient quality to extend our knowledge in weed science.
Experimental, theoretical and applied original research studies in all fields of Weed science are welcomed for submission. The journal is Open Access with no article processing charges and all articles published in this journal are freely available for readers online at https://ejournal.imperiuminstitute.org/index.php/JTWM without a subscription and authors retain the copyright of their work.
B. PREPARING YOUR MANUSCRIPT
Your paper should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion; acknowledgments; declaration of interest statement; references; appendices (as appropriate); table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figures; figure captions (as a list).
2. Word Limits
Please include a word count for your paper. There are no word limits for papers in this journal.
The manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines in the pdf article template:
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
References must be relevant and up-to-date. Journal of Tropical Weed Management uses the American Psychological Association reference style. All references are converted to APA style during the production process.
For Journal Article
Bond, W., & Grundy, A. C. (2001). Non‐chemical weed management in organic farming systems. Weed research, 41(5), 383-405.
Weston, L. A. (1996). Utilization of allelopathy for weed management in agroecosystems. Agronomy Journal, 88(6), 860-866.
For Book Print
Aldrich, R. J. (1984). Weed-crop ecology: principles in weed management. Breton publishers.
Aldrich, R. J., & Kremer, R. J. (1997). Principles in weed management (No. Ed. 2). Iowa State University Press.
What to Include:
- Author details. All authors of a manuscript should include their full name and affiliation on the cover page of the manuscript. Where available, please also include ORCiDs and social media handles (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn). One author will need to be identified as the corresponding author, with their email address normally displayed in the article PDF (depending on the journal) and the online article. Authors’ affiliations are the affiliations where the research was conducted. If any of the named co-authors moves affiliation during the peer-review process, the new affiliation can be given as a footnote. Please note that no changes to affiliation can be made after your paper is accepted.
- Graphical abstract (optional). This is an image to give readers a clear idea of the content of your article. It should be a maximum width of 525 pixels. If your image is narrower than 525 pixels, please place it on a white background 525 pixels wide to ensure the dimensions are maintained. Save the graphical abstract as a .jpg, .png, or .tiff. Please do not embed it in the manuscript file but save it as a separate file, labeled GraphicalAbstract1.
- Funding details. Please supply all details required by your funding and grant-awarding bodies as follows:
For single agency grants
This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx].
For multiple agency grants
This work was supported by the [Funding Agency #1] under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency #2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency #3] under Grant [number xxxx].
- Disclosure statement. This is to acknowledge any financial interest or benefit that has arisen from the direct applications of your research.
- Data availability statement. If there is a data set associated with the paper, please provide information about where the data supporting the results or analyses presented in the paper can be found. Where applicable, this should include the hyperlink, DOI or other persistent identifier associated with the data set(s).
- Figures. Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour, at the correct size). Figures should be supplied in one of our preferred file formats: EPS, PS, JPEG, TIFF, or Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX) files are acceptable for figures that have been drawn in Word.
- Tables. Tables should present new information rather than duplicating what is in the text. Readers should be able to interpret the table without reference to the text. Please supply editable files.
- Equations. If you are submitting your manuscript as a Word document, please ensure that equations are editable.
6. Using Third-Party Material
You must obtain the necessary permission to reuse third-party material in your article. The use of short extracts of text and some other types of material is usually permitted, on a limited basis, for the purposes of criticism and review without securing formal permission. If you wish to include any material in your paper for which you do not hold copyright, and which is not covered by this informal agreement, you will need to obtain written permission from the copyright owner prior to submission.
7. Submitting Your Paper
This journal uses Open Journal System (OJS) to manage the peer-review process. If you haven't submitted a paper to this journal before, you will need to create an account in OJS. See Open Submission
8. Data Sharing Policy
This journal applies the Data Sharing Policy. Authors are encouraged to share or make open the data supporting the results or analyses presented in their paper where this does not violate the protection of human subjects or other valid privacy or security concerns.
9. Publication Charges
There are no submission fees, publication fees or page charges for this journal.
Copyright allows you to protect your original material, and stop others from using your work without your permission. According to the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). The journal allows the authors to hold the copyright and to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
11. Open Access
The Journal of Tropical Weed Management (JTWM) adopted the open-access model. Upon acceptance for publication by the Journal of Ideas in Health, all articles will be immediately made freely and permanently accessible online, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
You will be sent a link to order article reprints via your account in our production system. For enquiries about reprints, please contact the JTWM Services team at email@example.com.
C. PEER REVIEW
Imperium is committed to peer-reviewed integrity and upholding the highest standards of review. Once your paper has been assessed for suitability by the editor, it will then be double blind peer reviewed by independent, anonymous expert references. Find out more about what to expect during peer review and read our guidance on publishing ethics.
Every manuscript is peer-reviewed, according to the following procedures.
- Initial manuscript evaluation. The Editors first evaluate all manuscripts. In many cases, the Editors will return a paper promptly to its author(s) at this stage because it clearly does not match the journal’s stated interests, scope or level of quality.
- Type and duration of peer review. JTWM employs double-blind reviewing, in which the reviewer is unknown to the author, and the identity of the author is unknown to the reviewer. Upon acceptance to review the manuscript, the reviewer is asked to submit its review within 4 weeks (in some cases, extensions to this period could be approved by the editor).
- Reviewers’ report. Referees advise the Editors. The Editors’ decision to accept or to reject a manuscript will be sent promptly to the author, with suitably detailed explanations. The paper could be accepted as is, accepted with minor revisions, revised and resubmitted or rejected.
- The Editors’ decision. The Editors are responsible for the final decision to accept or to reject a given manuscript, and there the process ends.
- Consent to publish and copyright agreement. After acceptance of the manuscript, and before publishing in this journal, the corresponding author is required to sign (on behalf of all co-authors) the Consent to publish and copyright agreement. According to the agreement, the author(s) retain the copyright of the paper published in this journal, they are entitled to publish the preprint of the paper by acknowledging the journal in which the paper is/will be published. The author(s) transfer the publishing rights to this journal.
D. AUTHOR SERVICES
For general guidance on every stage of the publication process, please visit our Author Services website.
For editing support, including translation and language polishing, explore our Editing Services website